Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Mother's Day Corsage

Well, the main reason I bought the Flower Shoppe Cartridge was to make my Mother a corsage this year for Mother's Day.  The last several years, I have sent my mom a corsage for Mother's Day, as she wears it to church that day.  I want her to know that even though I am not there, that she is very much loved that day and every day of the year!

So this year, I thought I would make her one that doesn't get tossed the next day- although I am pretty sure she keeps its for longer than a day!  I cut out the flowers from the FS cart and hot glued them together on top of a pretty white ribbon.  I used white and pink paper, put pearls in the pink roses.  I was going to buy silk greens to put behind it, but I couldn't find any I liked so I made my own as well and embossed them, and I am glad I did, as they were the right size!

***  Sizes for the flowers:  I cut the scalloped flower, 3 of those at 6" ( of course, rolling them they come out a little different sized each one, and then I cut the other little flowers at 3"-4".  I played with the sizes, depending on how big or small you want your corsage.  I cut the leaves at 1-3/4" and then just placed them behind the flowers.  I used my Bowdabra to make the bow, and then I hot glued the flowers onto the ribbon, and to finish the back so it wasn't a bit hot glue mess, I made another ribbon and glued to the back.***  I hope all this makes sense, please feel free to contact me with questions! 

I wanted to give them to her in a "corsage box" so I cut one using the treasure chest from Sweet Treat cartridge, added a ribbon and placed some pretty pins in there as well.
They don't smell as pretty, but they will last longer than a day or two, and my Mother will love it, because I made it for her.  She loves homemade things, and I don't think it gets anymore homemade than this... Hahahahaha

My mom is my very best friend in the whole wide world!!!  She is the reason I craft as I watched her make so many things by hand and give them away... I love you MOM!!!





8 comments:

  1. What a sweet post and a wonderful thing to do, Tina. And, oh my, this is just gorgeous! These rolled flowers give me fits, but you have totally mastered this technique. They look beautiful, and I love the colors. Just started my day with a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, that is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty..i wish id take the patience to do something like that,lol.. You could always spray them with her favorite perfume, or put something in the box that the paper will absorb the scent, if you leave it in there for a few weeks should really smell nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speechless! That's beautiful.

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is stunning, you did an amazing job! My daughter is going to her prom on Saturday, I wish I had seen this before I would've scrap lifted it (with your permission of course). I am a a new follower of your blog and am looking forward to more of your creations, I love what i have seen so far. I would like to invite you to check out my blog and follow me too!

    www.scrappindhilly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely adore this project! I am sure she will love it and feel loved! It is so pretty and, with the box and all, it seems so complete! I am a new follower on your blog.

    So I must ask, would you be willing to share your cut sizes for the flowers and box? I would love to make these for some of the home-bound moms at our church for mother's day.

    nadia_apta@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! I see the cut sizes now! Thank you for adding them! Thank you for sharing your creativity and time!

      Delete
  7. Tina, thanks for the cut sizes too! I gave it a try and made one for my mom too! It looks great, not as great as yours but I think she will love it!

    ReplyDelete