Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!!

Ever make something, that you just know needs something, but can't determine what that "something' is?  I made this card with my Mother in mind.  She and I share a special love for Owls, so when I saw this image on Kate's ABC's, I knew I would have to cut it and make something for my Mother.  I tried an Easel card.  This was my first attempt with that style of card.  Pretty easy to make, but this card, just couldn't come together for me.  I didn't have ANYTHING to use for the bottom piece, so I used a bow...hmmm!  I found this great Cuttlebug folder at Joann's- "branches" so I came home and ripped the card apart and used the embossing folder and then stuck everything back on the front of the card...Now, I know my Mother will LOVE the card, since what Mother doesn't like something handmade from their child... but possibly, back when I was in the 1st grade, it was cute, I am not in the 1st grade anymore... Hahahahaha... It is in the mail, so nothing I can change about it now...Thanks for looking!

Side view


Inside

1 comment:

  1. Love this card, I also love owls and this one is so cute!

    ReplyDelete