Friday, February 11, 2011

Coffee Time

I have been wanting to make a door hanger for some time now.  I am trying to get some of the projects on my "to do list" done, and this was one of them.  I figured that this would be an all day process, but the paper I used was thick enough, that I didn't have to use Modge Podge. (Which I am not good at...I seem to wrinkle all my paper when I use this stuff... I need a class or something!)  I used TBBM cartridge, for the door hanger and box, and then used Smiley Cards for the cup and Just Because Cards for the phrase.  I really didn't have a plan when I started this one, so I am glad it turned out half as well as I had thought!  I liked the color brown, and went from there.  Since I put  box on there I figured I would get a Gift card, and even though Chocolate Chip cookies would have been delightful, I really couldn't see fitting many cookies in that little box!  So coffee it is... But just think of all the ways you could dress this hanger!  Any holiday or special occasion.  I thought I would give this to my Hubby as a treat one morning...or a friend- my friend would probably appreciate it more... we'll see!  Always nice to have things like this around as a last minute surprise gift!!

2 comments:

  1. Love this, I am definitely going to add this to my to do list, because these would be so cute as gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really cute idea and well executed by you! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete